1. Please introduce yourself.
My name is Aya Ehssan Salamah, and I’m 16 years old. I’m a Saudi from Madinah Al Munarawah, but I am living in Jeddah.
2. What are your hobbies, dreams, passions?
I want to study in the field of media and would like to become a director. My hobbies are photography and to direct short films that have meaning and purpose.
3. How and when did you become interested in photography?
I became interested in photography three years ago. There was a photographer who made me love photography through his camera. I like photography because it captures beautiful shots of our lives.
4. What is your favourite things to photography and why?
I like the Drop Splash shots and portraits. I love Nikon cameras, they are made perfectly and brilliantly, which allows the photographer to show their creations.
5. Are you a self taught photographer or have you taken any courses?
I learnt by myself, but I did take some Internet lessons.
6. Do you believe that there is an increase of interest in photography and the arts in general in Saudi Arabia amongst the youth? If yes, then why?
Yes, there is a very large interest in photography. Young men and women have opened exhibitions to show their work and to show others their views through their creative photographs.
7. Are there many places for the youth to share and express their artistic abilities in Saudi Arabia?
Yes, as I mentioned before, there are groups, exhibitions, and photography sessions and there are many participants. There are also contests through educational institutions and the Media Ministry to motivate talented photographers.
8. What advice would you give to people who are interested in photography and just starting to get to know the camera?
I advise them that they should have a love for photography or a passion for it. They should join the educational sessions and learn how to use the camera and develop talent.
9. Is there anything else you would like to add or share about yourself or Saudi Arabia?
I want to learn more about photography and especially media. I also would really like to meet directors of movies and top photographers.
Advice: I would say that if anyone wants to learn more, they should learn more about what they like or hobbies they like.
10. Would you like to provide your email address, Twitter, Facebook or Flickr URL for people to reach you?
Yes I would like to